What is Ripple
The Ripple Cryptocurrency is an open payment system in beta. Its goal is to allow people to break free from financial institutions like banks, credit card companies, and other networks that enforce fees and foster delays. As per market size and capital, Ripple is the third-largest cryptocurrency, sitting just behind Bitcoin and Ethereum.
The Ripple network now has billions of dollars’ worth of cryptocurrency on account. It was built as a digital payments network for real-time financial transactions, and is also the core owner of Ripple XRP, the digital coin that increased its value 40 times in 2017 alone.
✔ Open an account now
✔ Start to invest with $100!
To avoid confusion, the network is referred to as Ripple, and the Ripple coin as XPR – Ripples. The frequency of releasing new coins into the system influences the price and rate. In total, there are 100 billion XRPs in existence, and Ripple owns approximately 60 percent of them. If you take all this valuation into account, it would be worth more than several US tech startups put together. XRP is majority owned and tied to a single company.
Ripple is constantly investing in its network and growing partnerships with global firms and financial institutions. Some of the banks that have signed on to use Ripple include BBVA, SEB, Start One Credit Union, and Cambridge Global Payments.
As the market and network continues to grow, so does the potential of Ripple’s value.
How to Trade Ripple CFDs in 4 Easy Steps:
- Open a trading account with AvaTrade
- Fund your account
- Enter your preferred investment amount
- BUY (Go Long) or SELL (Go Short) Ripple
AvaTrade is an industry-leading broker with some of the best trading conditions available, including the lowest crypto spreads on the market.
Why Trade Crypto CFDs With AvaTrade?
- Uncompromised Safety – With six regulatory authorities and segregated accounts, your money is protected at all times.
- Many Cryptos to Choose From – Trade on the wide variety of cryptos available on our trading platforms.
- No Hidden Fees – We offer zero commissions and no bank fees on transactions!
- Crypto Never Goes to Sleep – AvaTrade is one of the few brokers offer around-the-clock service and support in 14 languages.
- Generous Leverage – Increase your initial capital with generous leverage and get far more exposure to trade than your account balance. Up to 2:1 (for EU residents) 25:1 (for non-EU residents).
- Limit Your Risk – You can preset profit and loss levels by using stop losses or take profit limits when you trade. Determine the maximum amount you are prepared to risk when speculating on the price, or set a price at which you want to take profits. Future orders like Buy Stops and Buy Limits are also available.
- Trade Cryptos Against Fiat Currencies – Unlike many exchanges out there, who are restricting their clients to trade only Crypto to Crypto, our clients can trade Cryptos against Fiat currencies (USD, EUR, JPY etc.), as well.
Advantages of Trading Ripple with AvaTrade
- We offer Ripple CFD trades with up to trading leverage
- You can start trading Ripple from as little as
- This volatile crypto makes for an excellent addition to any financial trading portfolio
- AvaTrade is one of the only brokers that offers around-the-clock Ripple trading, for maximum convenience
- You can sell Ripple (Go Short) and potentially profit even when the market price is in a downtrend
- Enjoy live language-specific customer support around the clock
- AvaTrade offers zero commissions on Ripple trading and no bank fees charged on transactions
- Zero exposure to hacking or theft simply because you don’t actually own a digital wallet
- AvaTrade is regulated on 5 continents
- Execute trades in just 3 clicks, free from the complex crypto purchasing process
Don’t miss your opportunity to trade Crypto with a regulated broker!
Based on the Ripple website, their concept is a “basic infrastructure technology”.
The idea of Ripple was developed in 2004 by Ryan Fugger from Vancouver, Canada. The currency was developed during the following ten years until finally, in 2014, various large banks started using Ripple and the related payment networks. The Ripple system offers numerous advantages to banks, like distributed ledgers, price and security.
The company behind Ripple is “OpenCoin”. There are two separate entities that make up Ripple:
- The payment network – Ripple
- The actual currency on the payment network – XRP Ripple
Building on the decentralised digital system, Ripple’s concept is to work with different payment systems worldwide.
Ripple allows businesses to perform transactions within 3-5 seconds. The payments are processed and received automatically and are irreversible. Various financial institutions worldwide have established partnerships and started using the Ripple system.
In many ways, Bitcoin and Ripple are similar. Like Bitcoin, the Ripple coin has a limited number of units that can be mined. Both can be transferred from peer to peer, and both have digital security keys to prevent face transactions of coins. Payment information on the ledger is private, however transaction information is public.
The people behind Ripple insist that they provide faster transaction times than Bitcoin, because there is no waiting on block confirmation and transactions transmit through their network very rapidly.
The Differences Between Bitcoin and Ripple
- Both are open source – not owned by any one company or any individual
- Transactions for both can be anonymous and free on the internet
- Both Bitcoin and Ripple are decentralized currencies (no banks or approvals needed)
- Ripple is faster in processing transactions and more energy-efficient than Bitcoin
- Bitcoin is owned by a community; Ripple is owned by a private company and its internal ledger is a closed affair
- The total valuation of all bitcoins in circulation stands at approximately $270 billion, while Ripple is at $120 billion
Bitcoin wants to change WHAT we are pay with; Ripple wants to change HOW we are pay.
Open an account today & get an amazing welcome bonus !
When trading with AvaTrade you are trading on the price changes of the digital coin, and not physically purchasing it.
The maximum accumulated position size for Ripple is $250,000 notional value, details in our Trading conditions and Charges page.
At Avatrade, you can learn how to buy Bitcoin