What is the Stock Exchange market ?
The traditional medium where stocks or shares, bonds and other securities are exchanged between a stock broker and a trader. The stock exchange, also known as bourse or Stock Market in Nigeria, can provide facilities for the issue and redemption of financial instruments with the inclusion of the payment of income and dividends. Other assets listed on the stock exchange can include derivatives, unity trusts, bonds and pooled investment products.
Open your account now & Get up to 10.000 USD Bonus !!
The main Stock Markets
As most public companies make use of their local stock exchanges as a platform to publicly list their company for capital gains these are a selected few that are also offered by AvaTrade, stated with the region you can find them in. These are national exchanges that act as the secondary exchange markets.
|Stock Exchange markets||Region||Public Listing|
|New York Stock Exchange||New York, United States of America|
|NASDAQ Stock Exchange||New York, United States of America|
|London Stock Exchange||London, England|
|Borsa Italiana Stock Exchange||Milan, Italy|
|Japan Exchange Group Stock Exchange||Tokyo, Japan|
|Hong Kong Stock Exchange||Central, Hong Kong|
|Frankfurt Stock Exchange||Frankfurt, Hesse, Germany|
|Shanghai Stock MArket||Shanghai, China|
|Euronext Stock Exchange||Amsterdam, Netherlands|
How to invest in stock in Nigeria?
To invest in stock exchange market in Nigeria, you can use the metatrader 5 platform available on Avatrade, completely Free and easy to use.
Once your trading account created, launch the trading platform, and start investing Stocks easily with your Safe and Regulated Broker!
What is a stock Market exactly?
The stock market is a place where the shares of companies that are publicly owned can be bought and sold either OTC (Over-The-Counter) or through centralized exchanges. The equity stock market, as it is also known by, has established itself as a free-market economy, in that it offers companies the ability to access capital in exchange for offering interested outside parties a portion in the ownership of the company. The stock market or equity market offers opportunity to investors to increase their income without the high risk of entering into their own businesses with high overheads and startup costs. On the other hand, selling of stocks did help the companies themselves expand exponentially. When you purchase a company’s shares it is generally associated with the increased in the company’s worth.
Therefore, trading on the stock or equity markets can be a win-win for both investor and owner. There is a negative risk however small or large depending on the amount of stock bought, that one can lose money in a trading environment. If the stocks traders hold from the company lose value, then so does the trader. If he decides to sell his stocks when the value is lower, he will sell at a loss.
How Stock exchange Market Broken Down?
There are various segments of the stock market to consider when entering into a purchase or interest in the shares of a particular public company. There are two sections that the stock exchange market can be divided into: the primary market and the secondary market.
- Primary Market The market where securities are initially created. This is an open stock market where a company’s shares are offered and sold for the first time and directly from the company issuing them. Having precedence as a primary listed company that lends to a company’s credibility and therefore opens doors to investors being more predisposed to purchasing shares in that company. The primary exchange market is dominated by the larger investment institutes such as investment banks, hedge funds, etc.
- Secondary Market In the secondary market investors trade these stocks themselves and the company that had previously sold the stock initially is not a direct participant in the transaction. Selling and buying of shares that are already owned by investors is the typical idea of the stock market, even though stocks are also sold on the primary market as this is the stage they are initially issued from.
- OTC Market The OTC market, also known in trading as the off-exchange, is an option for investors to take part in the purchasing and selling of stock from a decentralized market. Decentralized is where a transaction of buying or selling will take place between two parties, such as the trader and the broker. Transactions are generally done electronically either telephonically, through e-mail or via a trading platform, and not through the local stock exchange. The OTC market is usually for stocks and stock prices not commonly listed on the stock exchange.
How to invest on stocks exchange market ?
Besides the obvious, investing in a certain company’s stocks and trading, there are a number of alternative ways that can be conducted when trading to establishing a strategy on trading stocks, with the possibility of making a profit with a company’s shares as an investment choice.
- Value Investing This is a simple investment strategy, where certain stocks that are selected trade for a lesser amount of their inherent value. These types of investors (value investors) actively seek out undervalued stocks as they believe they will see returns on these listings. This type of investing does not require you to have a background in finance, however, an understanding of trading and basic finance knowledge is recommended when entering into any trading or purchasing of stocks.
- Price-Earnings Ratio P/E Ratio as it is better known in short, is defined as a company’s measure on its current share price relative to its per-share earnings. This is how they calculate the price-earnings ratio: By taking the stock price of the company and dividing it by is earnings per share (EPS) = market value per share. The P/E ratio is a dollar amount that a trader can expect to invest in a company in order to receive one dollar of that company’s earnings.
- Dividend paying stock Dividends are a way that companies reward shareholders for owning a stock in their company. Dividends are generally paid in cash on a quarterly basis and can become a steady payment if the investment taken is fruitful, while this can develop another opportunity in itself to purchase additional stocks. This is a longer term investment with a lower risk, as these companies are generally more financially stable and overtime dividends rise and they are committed to dividend payments on their companies’ stocks.
Shares Trading market
- Swing Trading Swing trading has become a very popular way to trade in the short-term when trading stocks and trading options. Lasting less than one day generally, swing trader’s positions can last up to two weeks. When swing trading, the goal is to identify the overall trend and ‘swing in’ and capture the gains while the markets is on a trend. The use of the technical analysis is advantageous when swing trading to monitor quick market changes as and when they happen.
- Day Trading Speculating on a buy or a sell of a particular share, commodity, index or currency that takes place strictly only on the same day. Positions can be opened the second the markets open or throughout the day however all positions must be closed before the market closes for that trading day. Traders that use this trading strategy are known as day traders. Depending on the type of trader you are be it longer or shorter-term, any trading in the short term will have more profit as well as risk of loss potential. It is fast and trades are entered into and exited in a short period of time.
Trade on Stocks Market with AvaTrade
Trading stocks CFDs is made simple with AvaTrade, not only do you have access to over 90 stocks, we offer all our traders up to leveraged trading. You will benefit from our 24-hour support in your language, as well as the peace of mind knowing that you will be trading on a secure trading platforms and all trader funds are held in segregated accounts in international banks.
Open an account & Claim your BONUS right now!